The founders of PhysiosOnline earn no income from the project, and instead we donate membership contributions to GiveWell.org‘s maximum impact fund.
PhysiosOnline was set up by Evie Martin and her wife Christine, who run the project for free. We discuss the decision to direct membership contributions towards effective charities, after covering site costs. This strategy motivates Evie and Christine to continue devoting time and effort to the PhysiosOnline project.
In this video, Luke Freeman from GivingWhatWeCan.org explains the principles of effective altruism.
Links to resources mentioned in this discussion:
- Luke’s organisation: https://www.givingwhatwecan.org/
- Twitter: @Effect_Altruism
- Founders of Giving What We Can:
William MacAskill: @willmacaskill
Toby Ord: @tobyordoxford
- About GiveWell.org‘s Maximum Impact Fund: https://www.givewell.org/maximum-impact-fund
- A collection of ten podcast episodes introducing the ideas within the Effective Altruism movement: Search “learn effective altruism” on any podcast app or go here https://80000hours.org/podcast/learn-effective-altruism/