In this discussion we reflected on some of the issues covered by Jack March and Evie in their earlier conversation about producing online content.
We also talked about
- How hard it is to earn money by making online content
- Tim’s (mis)adventures with writing ebooks in 2007 and his disappointment when he realised that his content had been posted as a PDF for free online!
- Tim’s view of tech-related failures: “You never actually failed, you just pivoted!”
- Models of CPD – subscription models and once-off “live” online events such as those offered by Le Pub Scientifique and Pelvic Pain Matters
- Current projects that Tim and RehabMyPatient are involved with
- Apps and gadgets to support patients – we mention Curable, My Pain, Pathways, Gripable and Elvie
- Virtual reality and the new developments in digital medicine as described on this podcast episode with Adam Gassaley, Professor in Neurology and UCSF
- Whether and how wearable technologies are helpful for patients.
- The GetBetterOnline.co.uk clinical mentoring project. Tim’s take: “I love it! It’s like tapping into an expert and asking all the questions you want to ask one-on-one”.